Monday, March 5, 2012

  Udi's chocolate muffins, with strawberries and some some canned redi-whip made a super dessert for our special girl at a birthday party recently.  We do not expect the host family to buy a gluten free cake just for our granddaughter so at the last minute I  "Krogered" and bought the three items. It is important to remember you cannot go into someone else's kitchen grab a knife and their cutting board to cut the strawberries.  In this case a paper plate from the middle of the stack that has not been handled is best, then with carefully washed hands I assembled the  goodies.  The strawberries were rinsed under the faucet.
  Our girl usually likes her fruit cut but she understands, and the extra squirt of whipped cream made up for it. Before I could pack up and leave a guest picked up the canned redi-whip(gluten free)and sprayed down her cake.  She not only put her gluteny little finger  close to the tip but it touched the cake. I was happy that I had already made our girl's dessert for the party so the redi whip stayed there and our girl was informed NOT to use it again.
   I do not get upset when these things happen.  Life is too short and who doesn't want whipped cream on their cake? I was watching the commercial for a reality show called "My Strange Addiction" in whch a woman liked to eat dirt. Is this for real? As I watched her lounging in a chair and dipping her hand into a bag of potting soil and eating it I wondered if it had gluten in it.  That is how my mind works now.  Maybe I should send her some redi-whip.  Couldn't hurt the taste factor.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment