Wednesday, March 7, 2012

   Did you know that the difference in cost between a gluten item and the non-gluten same item is tax deductible? Save the receipts and calculate the difference yourself. Hey. IRS, we gotta eat - give us a break!
   I used to think that one side or the other( Dems or Republicans) were listening to our pleas to keep a little grocery money for ourselves, but now at the age of sixty, I have deduced they are all the same. They have full time jobs plotting on how to take more of what we earn. What would Jesus say today? Would he still say "render unto Ceasar"  even when Ceasar's sayin" "nice sandals and toga, hand 'em over".
    I'm going to embrace Budjewism.  I will sit and meditate while waiting for a sale. Keep in mind I do not wish to offend any Buddhists or Jews or sandal wearers.  I wish to offend POLITICIANS.
  Gluten free bread is so expensive I do not let it go bad.  The bread is kept in the fridge and I freeze the hamburger buns and just pry loose the ones I need.  Like any child our special little celiac girl loves her french fries and burger.
  You cannot use the bags of  pre-cut fries as they have a gluten coating.  When you peel the potatoes and cut them up, dry them off with a clean paper towel before putting them into a healthy oil , like olive oil. For hash browns, use a potato peeler to make little bits of potatoes which you can then form into whatever shape and fry.  If you are watching your   weight then just smear your cookie sheet with oil and bake the fries till  brown. Must also use gluten free ketchup for those fries!
 

2 comments:

  1. I think this a good website and helped me a lot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you certain about the tax deduction thing? I've never heard that before.

    ReplyDelete